Why you should look no further than pay on delivery
Pay after delivery is by far the favorite payment method of Germans. More than 40 percent of all sales in e-commerce are generated using payment on account. With AfterPay, not only do you offer your customers precisely this payment method, but you also provide them with the desired flexibility. With the 14-day payment term, free payment pausing and payments in flexible or fixed installments, your customer decides when and how to pay.
Pay after delivery leads to customer retention
The payment method selection and the subsequent processing normally mark the end of your contact with the customer in your online shop. But this is precisely the point which decides whether this will be a one-off purchase or whether a long-term relationship will result. Remind your customers of their purchasing experience with product images and a unique hero image. Address your customers directly with other campaigns, such as discounts or extended payment terms in order to keep them loyal to your online shop in the long term.
Benefits for merchants
Why should you offer AfterPay?
Pay after delivery with AfterPay is simple, secure and user-friendly - a combination which literally pays off for online merchants.
- Increase your customer satisfaction: Purchasing on account is the favorite payment method of Germans. We go one step further by offering your customers the greatest possible flexibility when paying on account. Regardless of whether it is the classic payment term, part payments payment pausing - with AfterPay your customers can adapt payments to their financial situation. Your customers also have the possibility of marking their returns so that they do not receive unnecessary payment reminders, but only actually pay for what they want to keep. Our optimized returns management is your key to higher customer retention, which will also drive your sales.
- Increase your conversion rate: With AfterPay, not only can your customers only pay once they have received their goods, but they also do not need to provide any sensitive data such as bank details or credit card information. Because we will only ask for information which is already provided during the ordering process, the conversion rate increases by an average of 20% with AfterPay.
- 100% payment guarantee: AfterPay can use the extensive expertise and data material. After an identity and credit check, we assume the full default risk. This minimizes your risk and increases the satisfaction of your customers.
Benefits for customers
Why should your customers use AfterPay?
Order online and pay only after receiving the goods - offer the most popular payment method of the Germans.
- Flexibility: With AfterPay, your customers can control when and how they would like to pay. After the delivery, they can pay their invoice, which they receive by email, within 14 days. Your customers can also conveniently and easily delay their payment via the MyAfterPay customer portal or convert the order to payment in installments.
- Control: In the MyAfterPay portal, your customers can view and control all purchases and payments at any time. The AfterPay service can be processed entirely via the smartphone or tablet, from the payment option selection in the online shop to the receipt of the invoice by email.
- Comfort: Your customers can deposit their payment data in the customer portal MyAfterPay and pay their bills easily and conveniently with just one click.
AfterPay is directly implemented via our JSON API. In this way, you will always have the latest features without having to run manual updates.
Integration via a PSP
Via integration via a Payment Service Provider, with whom we cooperate, you can use AfterPay as server-to-server integration or as a widget.
Mehr über AfterPay
AfterPay and Stormberg - a strong partnership
"We would never grown from NOK 28 million to 100 million in four years if Arvato had not been in our team." (Ole Hasaas, CFO Stormberg.)
AfterPay at Spätschicht in Cologne
Meet us at the networking event in Cologne and learn from our AfterPay experts why customer centricity should be the hot topic for online merchants.